"The tension is here..... Between how things are and how they should be." Switchfoot

In the developing world, 22,000 children under the age of five die every day from preventable causes.

1.4 billion people (one in four) in the developing world live on US$1.25 or less a day.


"...and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday." Isaiah 58:10

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Amazima Ministries





A couple of years ago I was reading through my adoption blogs and came across a link to Amazima Ministries http://amazima.org/.  As I began reading about this ministry I was excited to see all of the work they are doing for the hurting and starving people of Uganda.  One of the things that stood out to me is how this ministry is interested in not only meeting the immediate needs of the people, but working with the people and enabling them with resources and skills to improve their lives for the long run as well.  As I continued reading I found the link to the blog of Katie Davis, the founder of Amazima Ministries. Her blog can be found here http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/ . After reading just one post I had tears rolling down my face. As I continued to read more posts it became clear the heart passion of Katie for the hurting people of Uganda. She is a living example of somebody who is being the hands and feet of Jesus to His precious people.

When I read Katie's blog posts I feel inspired and very challenged. To see a young women living a sold out life for Christ, daily meeting the needs of her own children as well as the hurting children and people that surround her daily life, I am inspired and challenged to look at my life and evaluate what I am doing for those currently around me and for those around the world who are hurting. For me her blog has a way of pulling me out of the day to day routine and the silly things that frustrate me and gives me a good reality check on what things really matter and what is important. 

To me Katie is the modern day Mother Teresa. She is willing to forsake it all for what God has called her to do. Katie's heart and passion for the hurting and starving people of the world resonates to the core of my being. She is an inspiration and is making a difference in the lives of people in Uganda!

No comments:

Post a Comment